The BCom degree program has been designed with two specializations to develop academic, personal and professional competencies of its graduates to flourish in this complex and competitive global environment for future challenges through intellectual autonomy, personal development and lifelong learning.
A commerce graduate should be able to think critically, conceptually, and reflectively, as well as analyze and apply underlying theories, identify issues, develop suitable strategies for their resolution, and use strategic decision-making processes. Their interpersonal skills, self-discipline, multicultural and language competencies, moral
and ethical values are also emphasized.
- Program Learning outcomes of Bachelor of Commerce Honours degree are as follows;
Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in the terminologies, theories, concepts, practices and skills specific to the field of commerce.
- Observe and interpret business environment to uncover potential opportunities and re-engineer existing businesses and innovate new products, processes or organizations that would lead ultimately to the betterment of the society.
- Apply best practices in commerce to make plans, organize projects, monitor outcomes and provide transformative leadership.
- Apply the Standards of Practice and Codes of Conduct of Practitioners to address ethical challenges within the business environment and demonstrate intellectual maturity in a global setting
- Practice professionalism and uphold ethical standards and improve/update skills required for employment and life-long learning.
- Effectively communicate & disseminate knowledge, information and ideas to specialist and a wider society.
- Perform independently as well as interdependently.
Specific Graduate Attributes
Upon completion of the BCom degree programme, the student should possess the following graduate attributes.
- Insight into fundamental to Commerce and related subjects
- Basic principles, theories and applications in the field of Commerce
- Basic principles of Economics, Accounting, finance and business management
- Basic understanding of Information and communication technology
- Mathematical analysis for business decision making
- Insight into business research methods and data analyse
- Analyse the contemporary business environment for better decision making
- Perform business functions in order to achieve the business goals effectively
- Manage firms towards achieving sustainable development goals
- Recognize business research issues and propose solutions for such issues
- Apply the statistical techniques in order to analyse and interpret data
- Formulate and work on open-ended problems, including creative thinking
- Develop strategic communication skills through industry-based management
- Communicate effectively and professionally and formulate sound arguments,
both in writing and by means of presentations, using appropriate professional
- Developing negotiation skills
- Be an effective team member and contribute to the management
- Exhibit high level of intellectual integrities and self-discipline and set goals
- Recognize and solve issues based on their complexities and urgency
- Adopt initiative, flexibility, resilience and commitment
4. MINDSET PARADIGM
- Exhibit creativity and engage in lifelong learning
- Maintain self-confidence, professionalism and human dignities
- Embrace diversity, respect cultures, values rights and views of individuals and groups
- Responsively act towards a peaceful and sustainable aspects in the globe